The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed.
· Double G's, 89-B, 3283 U.S. Highway 278, Covington, Date: Feb. 28
Violations: Date mark all potentially hazardous foods held for more than 24 hours. Do not store medicines in dry goods food section. Need digital thermometer to measure temperatures.
· Putters, 83-B, 11240 Brown Bridge Road, Covington, Date: Feb. 29
Violations: Keep cucumbers separate from eggs. Label all chemical bottles. Keep all wiping cloths in sanitizer solution when not in use. Coffee stirrers need to be individually wrapped.
· Amici's Italian, 98-A, 1133 Church St., Covington, Date: Feb. 29
Violations: Need handwashing sign in restrooms. Need coffee stirrers to be individually wrapped.
· Merryvale Assisted Living, 86-B, 11980 Ga. Highway 142, Covington, Date: March 3
Violations: Keep bacon on lowest shelf away from prepared foods. Keep sanitizer buckets 6 inches off floor.
· Church's Fried Chicken, 93-A, 3275 U.S. Highway 278, Covington, Date: March 4
Violations: Policy not present. Sanitizing cloths container on floor.
· Evan's Pharmacy, 91-A, 933 Center St., Conyers, Date: Feb. 1
Violations: Not in compliance with management awareness policy and no policy present. Improper date marking and disposition. Not in compliance with the physical facilities being installed, maintained and clean.
· Captain D's, 98-A, 1735 Ga. Highway 138, Conyers, Date: Feb. 1
Violations: Back of toaster soiled with old food debris.
· Greek Pizza House, 87-B, 977 North Main St., Conyers, Date: Feb. 1
Violations: One person needs to be food safety certified. Must post certification. Must have employee health policy. Label and date all foods in storage that have been opened and properly covered. Floors in kitchen are not acceptable to code of food service.
· Frontera Mex-Mex Grill, 49-U, 1820 Ga. Highway 138, Conyers, Date: Feb. 5
Violations: Servers not washing hands after pre-busing tables. No handwash sink convenient to server station. Refried beans not being rapidly reheated. Chili rellenos, salsa and chicken being held at incorrect temperature. Chicken broth not being cooled properly. Multiple items being held without recorded time. Items in walk-in cooler not properly date marked. Items being cooled not being properly monitored. Employee without proper hair restraint while preparing food. No proper separate sink for washing fruits and vegetables. Scoop for sugar stored in soiled holder. Employee not changing gloves. No hot water in men's restroom, one sink, and no water under pressure. Cutting board at grill not approved material. Wiping cloths not sanitized used to clean tables.
· Frontera Mex-Mex Grill - Recheck, 96-A, 1820 Ga. Highway 138, Conyers, Date: Feb. 18
Violations: Employee wearing unapproved jewelry while preparing food. Current inspection report not posted in proper area.