The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department. Any score below 90 is considered failing.
· Heartland Hospice, 100, 1374 Manchester Drive, Date: Oct. 22
· Kaiteur Coffee Shop, 100, 1573 Ga. Highway 20, Date: Oct. 22
· Rockdale Hospital, 93, 1412 Milstead Ave., Date: Oct. 22
Violations: Empty ice machine and sanitize moldy interior. Sanitize can opener after each use. Replace missing floor tiles. Provide missing light shield. Remove clogged jet nozzles. Clean reach-in and in dry storage area. Roach observed on floor in establishment.
· Taqueria y Marisqueria El Palnque, 77, 1543 Ga. Highway 138, Date: Oct. 22
Violations: Observed food prep worker handling raw beef then touching ready-to-eat food without handwasing. Raw chicken stored above raw beef. Several uncovered food items. Pot with soup stored on floor. Dirty can opener. Observed food prep worker using dirty cloth to wipe counter. Toxic bottles stored next to clean dishes. Observed roaches and several flies in establishment.
· Taqueria y Marisqueria El Palnque - RECHECK, 91, 1543 Ga. Highway 138, Date: Oct. 24
Violations: Keep food items covered at all times. Repair door on men's restroom. Toxic bottles stored near clean dishes.
· La Oaxaqueria Taqueria, 91, 1080-C Irwin Bridge Road, Date: Oct. 22
Violations: Uncovered food items in walk-in refrigerator. Raw beef stored above cooked items. Replace deteriorated gasket on refrigerator drawer.
· Los Bravos, 97, 2274 Salem Road, Date: Oct. 23
Violations: Paint wood table. Do not stack or store pans, containers wet. Keep all storage 6 inches off floor. Replace missing or broken tile.
· O'Charley's, 86, 1289 Dogwood Drive, Date: Oct. 23
Violations: Label all dry food storage and food liquid bottles. Fish and chicken held at improper temperature. Slicers and other food equipment dirty. Several uncovered garbage containers with food residue. Floors by warewash area kept dirty. Several dirty cloths kept on dishes.
· O'Charley's - RECHECK, 97, 1289 Dogwood Drive, Date: Oct. 25
Violations: Sanitizing buckets storing dirty water. Dumpster sliding door left open. Replace broken or missing cove molding.
· Always Banquet Center, 100, 1609 Milstead Ave., Date: Oct. 23
· Los Charros Mexican Restaurant, 92, 3560 Ga. Highway 20 S., Date: Oct. 23
Violations: Sanitize dirty knives before storage. Replace or repair broken handles on sandwich refrigerator. Resurface floors throughout. Provide missing light shield on hood. Clean dirty ceiling tiles throughout. Several flies in establishment.
· Pizza Hut Delivery, 88, 3504 Ga. Highway 20, Date: Oct. 23
Violations: Food prep worker's clothing very dirty. Sanitize storage shelves throughout. Boxes of take-out containers stored on floor. Sliding door on dumpster open. Several garbage debris on ground by dumpster. Sweep and mop floors under equipment. Roaches and flies observed in establishment.
· Cookie Factory, 98, 1360 Dogwood Drive, Suite 306, Date: Oct. 24
Violations: Raw eggs stored above pastry.
· Crossroads Cafe, 91, 3637 Ga. Highway 138 N., Date: Oct. 24
Violations: Homestyle refrigeration unit in shed not maintained at proper temperature. Screen door has opening and gap.
· Hawthorn Suites, 94, 1659 Centennial Olympic Parkway, Date: Oct. 24
Violations: Repair deteriorated gasket on walk-in cooler. Several dirty cloths stored in four-compartment sink. Clean dirty interior of microwave. Repair sink and faucet and four-compartment sink. Epoxy floors throughout. Provide cover for exposed floor drain.
The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Newton County Health Department. Any score below 90 is considered failing.
· Sirloin Saloon, 92, 3132 U.S. Highway 278, Date: Nov. 1
Violations: Do not store ice scoop handle in ice at tea station ice chest. Keep all foods covered in refrigerator. Do not store vegetable items beside meats. Clean flooring beneath cook line.
· Neely's, 98, 11356 Brown Bridge Road, Date: Nov. 2
Violations: Repair freezer door.
· Oxford College, 97, Emory University, Date: Nov. 5
Violations: Repair freezer. Repair warmer door. Repair dishwasher where water leaks. Replace blown lights.
· GA Foods, 100, 15151 Prater Drive, Date: Nov. 5
· Country Kitchen, 97, 11257 Ga. Highway 36, Date: Nov. 6
Violations: Do not store meats above vegetable items.
· Hendersons, 97, 11885 Ga. Highway 36, Date: Nov. 6
Violations: Shield all lights in walk-ins and at vent a hood. Need thermometers in all coolers.
· Amici Italian Restaurant, 98, 1133 Church St., Date: Nov. 7
Violations: Clean ceiling vents and tiles around vents. Repair cove molding beneath hand sink.
· Taco Bell, 95, 6151 U.S. Highway 278, Date: Nov. 11
Violations: Need thermometers in all refrigerators and freezers. Repair plumbing leaks at sinks in both restrooms. Seal around exhaust pipe over hot water heater. Need lid on trash can in ladies restroom.
· West Newton Elementary, 96, 13387 Brown Bridge Road, Date: Nov. 7
Violations: Keep all foods covered in walk-ins. Label all bulk storage label cleaning bottles. Replace blown lights at vent hood. Ice build up in walk-in freezer.
· Flowers & Catering by Becky, 100, 1160 Church St., Date: Nov. 9
· Peg's Diner, 98, 3139 Ga. Highway 11, Date: Nov. 9
Violations: Seal door way at drive-thru area. Paint raw all wood shelving at register.
· Bojangles, 99, 5156 U.S. Highway 278, Date: Nov. 13
Violations: Light blown at vent hood.
· Sharp School, 99, 3135 Newton Drive, Date: Nov. 13
Violations: Ice build-up in walk-in freezer. Repair ice machine.
· E. L. Ficquett Elementary School, 100, 2207 Williams St., Date: Nov. 13