The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department. Any score below 90 is considered failing.
· Roaster's Chicken and Biscuits, 79, 607 Sigman Road, Suite 400, Date: Oct. 2
Violations: Store raw eggs separate from raw chicken. Cooked bacon, ham and sausage stored at improper temperature. Repair or replace rusty shelves. Repair soda fountain. Clean floors under equipment. Clean equipment. Garbage containers must be covered. Store insecticides separately from cleaning products.
· Roaster's Chicken and Biscuits - Recheck, 96, 607 Sigman Road, Suite 400, Date: Oct. 5
Violations: Raw fish stored uncovered in walk-in. Replace rusty storage racks. Clean floor under equipment. Repair and repaint walls as needed. Must post most recent inspection report.
· Sonic Drive In, 93, 1375 Ga. Highway 138, Date: Oct. 2
Violations: Clean soda fountain and vegetable slicer. Clean gaskets to reach-in coolers. Do not stack pans wet. Need tongs for cherries. Repair or replace floor tiles.
· Zaxby's, 97, 429 Sigman Road, Date: Oct. 2
Violations: Replace broken gaskets on reach-in cooler. Keep all storage 6 inches off floor. Do not stack containers wet. Garbage containers must be covered when not in use.
· Baan Thai, 96, 1745 Ga. Highway 138, Date: Oct. 3
Violations: Eggs stored above ready-to-eat food products. Replace or clean gaskets on reach-in cooler. Keep all storage 6 inches off floor.
· McDonald's, 93, 1765 Ga. Highway 138, Date: Oct. 3
Violations: Do not store eggs above ready-to-eat foods. Pallets in walk-in freezer. Repair or replace broken equipment. Clean floors under equipment and shelves. Replace broken tiles. Repair missing light shield.
· Phily Connection, 98, 1521 Ga. Highway 138, Date: Oct. 3
Violations: Repair equipment as needed. Replace broken or missing floor tiles. Repair or repaint walls where needed. Clean floors under equipment.
· Bojangles, 90, 1970 Ga. Highway 138, Date: Oct. 4
Violations: Expired milk offered for consumer use. No covered trash container in ladies' restroom. Sliding doors of dumpster. No cove base as required under pass-through door of walk-in cooler.
· Pizza Hut, 93, 425 Sigman Road, Date: Oct. 4
Violations: Keep all food products 6 inches off floor. Replace damaged gaskets in refrigerator. Must keep thermometers in all refrigeration units. Equipment must be kept clean. Clean and repair walls where needed. Clean floors under equipment. Replace broken tile.
· Honey Baked Ham, 99, 1910 Ga. Highway 20 S., Date: Oct. 9
Violations: Replace deteriorated gasket on walk-in cooler.
· Hot Pot Restaurant, 94, 1820 Ga. Highway 20, Suite 100, Date: Oct. 9
Violations: Observed employee eating in bar area. Heavy condensation in beer keg/cooler. Sliding door on dumpster left open. Must post smoking sign on refrigeration unit.
· International House of Pancakes, 91, 1310 Dogwood Drive, Date: Oct. 9
Violations: Uncovered food items in reach-in refrigerator/freezer. Repair faucet at handsink in warewash area. 409 cleaner stored near clean dishes in kitchen area.
· McDonald's, 79, 1436 Dogwood Drive, Date: Oct. 9
Violations: Open cup with soda on prep line. Open bags of frozen food. Sandwich refrigerator storing cheese not maintaining proper temperature. Dirty tomato slicer on drain board. Clean dirty interior of sandwich refrigerator. Repair leak on spray hose and on pipe below three-compartment sink. Repair or replace peeling cove base. Missing floor tiles. Provide sufficient light in reach-in freezer and refrigerator. Fruit flies and roaches observed in establishment.
· Betty's Home Cooking, 100, 2210 Salem Road, Date: Oct. 10
· Rockdale Healthcare Center, 91, 1510 Renaissance Drive, Date: Oct. 10
Violations: Empty and sanitize moldy interior of ice machine. Sanitize dirty lids on condiment containers. Sanitize dirty steam table holders. Provide missing paper towels at handsink. Clean dirty ceiling tiles.
The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Newton County Health Department. Any score below 90 is considered failing.
· Mamie's Inc., 97, 7121 U.S. Highway 278, Date: Oct. 25
Violations: Label bulk sugar container.
· Ocie's Tackle Box, 95, 7100 Washington St., Date: Oct. 25
Violations: No paper towels by hand sink. Repair sliding door cooler.
· DJ'S Cafe, 93, 14656 Brown Bridge Road, Date: Oct. 26
Violations: Clean racks and shelving in walk-in cooler. Do not store items in prep sink.
· Waffle House, 94, 10106 Alcovy Road, Date: Oct. 29
Violations: Keep ice scoop handle out of ice. Keep tea urn lids on urns and keep pitchers covered. Cover all foods in door reach-in. Do not store items in handsink. Must air dry all dishes before storing.
· El Charro, 95, 9148 MLK Jr. Ave., Date: Oct. 29
Violations: Label all cleaning bottles. Need thermometers in all coolers.
· Golfside Grill, 95, 10400 Covington Bypass, Date: Oct. 29
Violations: Keep all foods covered in walk-in. Clean floors in walk-in freezer.
· Bruster's, 100, 3184 Salem Road, Date: Nov. 1
· Blimpie, 93, 3198 N. Elm St., Date: Nov. 2
Violations: Replace flooring where needed. Label all cleaning bottles. Replace counter top. Replace or refurbish dining furniture.
· Subway, 96, 55 Crowell Road, Date: Nov. 2.
Violations: Keep storage 6 inches off floor. Remove warming unit not in use. Repair wall in back by stainless shelving. Reseal all loose cove molding tiles.
· Mi Tierra, 99, 5340 Ga. Highway 20, Date: Nov. 5.
Violations: Seal around all plumbing fixtures.
· Veterans Memorial Middle School, 100, 13357 Brown Bridge Road, Date: Nov. 7