The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Newton County Health Department. Any score below 90 is considered failing.
· Nicks, 98, 15825 Ga. Highway 36, Date: Nov. 11
Violations: Seal hole in wall by ice machine.
· Jack's Bar-B-Que, 100, 11388 Brown Bridge Road, Date: Nov. 14.
· Porterdale Elementary School, 99, 45 Ram Drive, Date: Nov. 14
Violations: Repair coves for light in warmer.
· Premier Pizza, 100, 13015 Brown Bridge Road, Date: Nov. 14
· Newton High School, 96, 140 Ram Drive, Date: Nov. 14
Violations: Label all bulk items dry goods. Repair plumbing leaks. Need hand towels at all handsink. Need to replace blown light and missing shield in walk-in.
· TRU Coffee, 100, 1123 Monticello St., Date: Nov. 15
· Cousins Middle School, 98, 8187 Carlton Trail, Date: Nov. 15
Violations: Keep all foods covered in walk-in freezer.
· Palmer Stone Elementary School, 100, 1110 N. Emory St., Date: Nov. 15
· Eastside High School, 100, 10245 Covington Bypass, Date: Nov. 16
· Middle Ridge Elementary School, 99, 11649 S. Covington Bypass, Date: Nov. 16
Violations: Repaint wall by sprayer at dishwasher area.
· Indian Creek Middle School, 99, 11051 Bypass Road, Date: Nov. 16
Violations: Ice build-up on fan unit in walk in freezer. Repair hot water at handsink.
· Kentucky Fried Chicken, 95, 6103 U.S. Highway 278, Date: Nov. 19
Violations: Clean condiment holders at front counter. Clean stainless shelving. Clean stainless on drink dispenser at drive-thru.
· New China, 97, 9162 U.S. Highway 278, Date: Nov. 19
Violations: Do not store ice scoop handle in ice. Do not use plastic bags for storage.
· Subway, 95, 3160 U.S. Highway 278, Date: Nov. 19
Violations: Clean stainless behind Coke machine. Clean can opener. Clean floors.
· Pippins BBQ, 95, 10055 Covington Bypass Road, Date: Nov. 19
Violations: Wipe down stainless under microwave. Clean can opener. Clean counter under Coke machine. Repair or replace toilet seat.
· Mickey Dee's, 98, 6147 U.S. Highway 278, Date: Nov. 20
Violations: Repaint or replace ceiling vents in dining area. Clean floors behind cook line and clean walls on right side of cook line and microwave. Replace lid missing on dumpster. Need cover on linen storage.
· First Choice Jamaican, 100, 3277 Salem Road, Date: Nov. 20
· DA Culture, 100, 6152 Monticello St., Date: Nov. 20
· Subway, 100, 9142-B U.S. Highway 278, Date: Nov. 20
· Newton County Senior Services, 99, 6183 Turner Lake Road, Date: Nov. 21
Violations: Store all meats on lowest shelf of refrigerator.